Experience and technology to help optimize your packaging operation.
Your packaging operation is up and running. But is it operating as efficiently as it should be? Group O provides ongoing executional support to help ensure that your equipment is calibrated correctly, the right products are being used consistently — and, most importantly, your shipments are arriving undamaged.
Our operating solutions include:
- Provide technology based solution on stretch film usage that will:
- Monitor equipment performance by each pallet wrapped
- Reduce your transportation damage costs
- Show per load wrapped cost metric
- Identify load containment
- Quickly alert to potential problem with load shipment
- Measure film usage
- Report wrap pattern
- Program equipment to wrap specification by SKU being wrapped
- Adjust wrap pattern automatically through multiple SKU identifiers
- Provide the correct film
- Provide the correct pre-stretch gears
- Provide technicians to maintain optimal equipment performance
- Technology-enabled data collection supports information gathering and performance analysis across the packaging process for continuous improvement
Better packaging results for MillerCoors:
Tastes great and less filling.
For MillerCoors, making great beverages is just the first step. The company also has to ensure that its product makes it from bottling plants to retail customers efficiently and without damage. But with more than 12 different business units and eight brewery locations across the country, the company realized that it had an opportunity to improve.
MillerCoors selected Group O as a supplier of pallet wrap film more than 24 years ago. Since then, Group O has regularly audited packaging usage at each location and provided detailed recommendations to optimize and calibrate material selection, equipment settings and load optimization.
The result has been greater consistency in MillerCoors packaging operations — combined with lower costs and reduced damage. Stretch film usage has dropped an incredible 55% — saving 3 million pounds of resin per year, or the equivalent of 5,000 barrels of oil and more than 2,000 metric tons of CO2 emissions eliminated annually.
In recognition of its performance, Group O was selected as MillerCoors 2012 brewery operations supplier of the year. Chosen from more than 10,000 suppliers worldwide, the award recognizes Group O’s contributions in areas such as quality, service, cost, safety, corporate responsibility and innovation.
For MillerCoors, Group O is driving everything the brewer ever wanted in terms of its total cost of ownership. And less.