Group O performs non-destructive and destructive testing on nearly one million mobile devices annually. We work directly with carriers, OEMs, and remanufacturers to customize testing procedures to certify new and current suppliers, as well as any new models or process changes. By fine-tuning standards for remanufactured and new devices, before they hit the market, Group O creates a premium customer experience.
MOBILE DEVICE NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
A part of our First Article Inspection methods, Group O technicians perform non-destructive tests on hundreds of thousands of devices annually. We work tirelessly with you, your remanufacturers, and new product suppliers to create testing procedures to your specifications. We take pride in our ability to adapt to new initiatives quickly so your customers' devices work right out of the box.
Our testing protocols include:
- X-ray testing validates OEM parts
- IP 67/68 testing confirms water-proofing
- Functional testing corroborates original performance specifications by making visual inspection checks, testing speakers, microphones, and light sensors among other end-user expectations.
- Oleophobic tests ensure the glass is performing properly
- Radio Frequency (RF) tests network connections
- XRF testing uncovers counterfeit components
Destructive Testing gives you the confidence the product customers receive will stand up to everyday life.
- Automated and slow-motion captured drop testing discovers structural weaknesses
- Automated tumble testing mimics common end-user experiences
- Submersion testing validates water-proofing
- Impact testing proves the strength of screens
- Tear down inspects workmanship and non-compliance
Group O is AT&T’s independent testing partner.
We manage the entire installation process for custom software on any device. Our experts configure, enable or disable features, and install operating systems and applications specific to your business needs.
Group O also:
- Manages files and apps on employee devices
- Manages software on demo units
- Installs specific software applications for customers or employees
Group O’s expert engineers are integral to the entire mobile device life cycle.
The team of industrial engineers increases efficiencies across all of our mobile efforts. When creating processes for devices, this team tests cycle times to optimize line balancing. They can find bottlenecks quickly and manage workload to get the process moving at peak efficiency. By implementing 5S techniques, our industrial engineers analyze workspaces to cut down on movements by our mobile testing professionals – the leaner the process the less time it takes to test a product. It's not just efficiency in the workspace, but also throughout the facility. Using AutoCAD, our team designs our spaces down to the most minute details.
Our team of reliability engineers discovers and implements new technologies for our testing labs. It takes a lot of planning and expertise to keep testing services current, as new types of devices enter into the testing process frequently. Reliability engineers focus on work patterns and write detailed instructions for each test for each device. Our instructions are so thorough, AT&T uses Group O's documents to train its other operations, including OEMs providing remanufactured and new devices for testing.
Our engineering professionals can create systems and efficiencies because they’ve been doing it for years – and can do it for you and your business.
MOBILE DEVICE LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT
Group O is one of the only companies in the industry that provides mobile device quality testing and a full supply chain solution.
RETAIL FULFILLMENT AND LOGISTICS
Our supply chain solutions for retail include order fulfillment, inventory management, distribution, and more.