Chairman & Founder
Chairman & Founder
Robert Ontiveros is the Chairman of Group O, a company he founded in 1974. As Chairman, Ontiveros oversees the entire Group O family of companies, which is composed of marketing, packaging and supply chain divisions. Ontiveros has grown Group O to more than 1,500 employees across 40 national locations, making it one of the largest Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States.
Ontiveros learned about the large-scale packaging industry early in his career. After seven years with Dun & Bradstreet, Ontiveros joined a small family-run packaging company, where he developed his entrepreneurial drive coupled with important business values, eventually leading to the development of his own firm, Bi-State Packaging. Today, Ontiveros continues to advance a culture focused around business ethics and family values, which has enabled Group O to thrive and grow amid the competitive nature of business. Bob’s leadership is evident by his numerous honors, including:
- Order of Lincoln — the state of Illinois’ highest honor, recognizing his professional and community achievements
- Outstanding Community Leadership — State of Illinois Comptroller
- U.S. Department of Commerce — Legacy Award
- Minority Business Hall of Fame — Inductee
- Lifetime Achievement Award — National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Lifetime Achievement Award — Chicago Minority Business Development Council
- Lifetime Achievement Award — Negocios Now
- Honorary Doctorate — Augustana College
Ontiveros is a trustee of Augustana and an active member of both the Illinois and U.S. Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, along with a number of other community and business organizations. An Illinois native, he dedicates time to serving as a board member for the Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley, as well as being a Junior Achievement whole school sponsor, which supplies classrooms with educational materials. He also supports many organizations throughout the Quad Cities, including Niabi Zoological Association, Community Healthcare and many more.
Bob resides in Moline, Illinois, with his wife Blenda.